What does 8(a) certification mean?
As an 8(a) business, Liberty Technologies, is a small business owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who are also American citizens. The Small Business Administration has vetted Liberty Technologies to ensure it has good character and a demonstrated potential for business success. Liberty Technologies has the welcoming environment of a small business and the stability of a larger organization.
Advantages of contracting with an 8(a) business:
- Government agencies can make an award for goods and services without going through RFP process.
- Government agencies can award $4 million for each project.
- Sole source awards cannot be protested.
- 8(a) businesses can form joint ventures and teams to bid on contracts, enhancing the ability to successfully bid for and perform larger opportunities.
- The direct award process takes days versus many weeks to months using the traditional process
Process for 8(a) procurement
- Send Liberty Technologies SBA representative provided below a letter of intent
- Send Liberty Technologies the scope of work
- Receive and review Liberty Technologies’s proposal
- Make the award